Payroll Administrator (12 months fixed term)
Advanced | Administration - Finance | Birmingham, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole enterprise and delivering right-first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to user’s lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Sales Enablement team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
You will be based in the Mailbox – our stunning Regional HQ in Birmingham City Centre, which provides the best opportunity for a vibrant social life with colleagues and outside of work.
What you will be doing
A Payroll Administrator takes responsibility of the day to day processing of multiple customer payrolls and as part of that role supports other members of the team.
Due to the nature of the role and the growth of the service responsibilities will evolve as required however they are expected to include:
- Have relevant working knowledge of payroll and HR legislation
- Processing customer payroll records adhering to agreed timeframes and client SLAs. This includes starters, leavers and variable data
- Processing any statutory changes such as tax codes and student loans
- Have knowledge of statutory payments such as SSP and SMP
- Ability to perform manual calculations
- Peer checking payroll output including exception reports for completeness and accuracy
- Respond to queries within the published response timelines
- To ensure that all services are delivered to the published KPI’s
- Ensure that all activities are delivered as contracted and manage customer expectations professionally to ensure that the service delivery content and quality is maintained
- Develop, consolidate and enhance product knowledge in order to deliver first class service to customers and support the knowledge within the team as a whole
- Build successful customer relationships.
- To comply, in a timely manner, with all departmental and company required administrative activities.
- To support the Payroll Managed Services Team Leader with any ad-hoc tasks as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must be fully compliant with all UK legislation
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Payroll environment in a similar role with the ability to converse confidently with Payroll and HR professionals.
- CIPP or equivalent qualifications is desirable.
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- Self-motivated, have strong inter-personal skills and the ability to influence others. Be willing to take initiative in problem identification and solution provision.
- Have a high level understanding of the functionality of the company products as required.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. Assessing you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £254m turnover, 19,000 customers and 2,350 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake an interview with the HR team and attend a final assessment day. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!