Senior Marketing Technology Specialist
MINDBODY | Marketing | San Luis Obispo, CA
The Marketing Technology team ensures that the marketing systems and technologies are fully integrated to meet the needs for various Marketing functions. The team evaluates the technical needs of an organization and recommends solutions for marketing automation platforms. This team defines system and functional requirements, assess available technologies, creates, and development specifications for marketing technologies. Marketing Technology is responsible for the development and modifications of internal applications and systems, document systems changes, may be involved with enterprise wide integrations for marketing technologies. Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives and evaluates existing processes. Marketing Technology measures performance against process requirements for marketing automation platforms and aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
The Sr. Marketing Technology Specialist will be responsible for executing and analyzing digital marketing opportunities, driving innovation and working with other functional areas. This role serves as a strategist and executor of technology implementations, marketing automation configuration and will have hands-on, day to day responsibilities to ensure the adoption, proper usage, and innovation of existing technology deployments. This individual will support our marketing acquisition, lifecycle marketing and SDR teams in architecting nurture programs, campaign executions and monitoring performance of marketing programs. They will adhere and drive processes to ensure high data quality standards and efficiency across the marketing and sales functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Marketing-related field or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in marketing technology and/or marketing operations,
- 3+ years hands on experience with Marketo deployments, marketing automation management and nurture program development and design
- Marketo Certified is a plus
- Strong experience with marketing technologies (Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce, Drift, Outreach, etc)
- Strong project management, collaboration and customer service skills
• Strong knowledge of MQL <> SQL marketing processes
- Strong experience designing marketing programs, segmentation, and monitoring performance
- Adaptable to constant change and fast paced environments
• Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Positive mindset paired with ambition to be a change catalyst
- Adept at multi-tasking and juggling a variety of time-sensitive projects in a deadline driven environment
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a driver and resource for the implementation and management of marketing technologies, including Marketo, Drift, and more.
- Present compelling arguments in meaningful way to a variety of audiences when the need for changes to core processes are identified.
- Performs hands-on Marketo administration under little supervision for the marketing team and business channel managers, assisting in the creation of effective marketing campaigns to maximize demand generation and sales opportunities for our sales teams worldwide.
- Responsible for day-to-day execution involving Marketo including: email marketing campaigns, landing page creation, nurturing campaigns, form creation and processing, data management and segmentation, Salesforce / Marketo integration, lead routing, lead scoring, reporting etc.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members and supporting functions.
- Present and drive change across the company, acting as an advisor and change catalyst
- Develop marketing and salesforce controls on all data inputs to drive data cleanliness
- Collaborate effectively with sales to develop lead management and processes that scale
- Collaborate effectively with demand and customer marketing managers, creative services, content, and web design teams on development and execution issues involving marketing automation and Eloqua or Marketo.
- Stay abreast of new marketing operations innovations and make recommendations for strategic improvements to continually improve and develop the effectiveness of the platform.
- Research, recommend and oversee the implementation of technologies and integrations to improve business efficiencies and drive revenue.
- Identify and build business cases for new tools
- Conduct quality assurance testing across marketing programs
- All other duties assigned