Support Engineer I
KIBO | Customer Service | Dallas, TX
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
As a Support Engineer I, you will begin your career at Kibo providing engineering support and resolution to our Clients and Partners for issues pertaining to our proprietary e-Commerce software platforms and products. You will prioritize, triage, and solve incidents for enterprise clients in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Development, QA, and Client Success to provide clients with a world class experience.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Effectively resolve technical issues for enterprise clients.
- Communicate directly with clients via phone and email with accurate and articulate answers to technical questions.
- Collaborate across teams to identify the root cause of technical issues.
- Triage and escalate issues to other team members or departments as appropriate.
- Take ownership of client problems and drive technical issues through to resolution.
- Continuously seek and recommend improvements in the consumer experience.
- Provide detailed documentation of your work in Salesforce and/or Jira.
- Perform as technical liaison between the Client Success and Support Engineering Teams.
- A passion for e-Commerce and SaaS technologies.
- Knowledge of REST API design principles is required
- Experience in technical support or customer service is preferred.
- Experience in e-commerce website development is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases is preferred.
- Understanding of basic data structures, and knowledge of C#, .NET and XSLT is preferred.
- Experience in mobile application development and email marketing is preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator (both written and oral) and able to tailor message format and content effectively.
- BS in Computer Science is highly desired/preferred - equivalent technical degree or certifications may offset lack of formal technical degree.
- Strong aptitude toward various web, e-commerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together.
- Intermediate level HTML/CSS skills.
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to be empathetic, resourceful, and conscientious.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize self-service resources (internal guides, Google, external service portals, GitHub, etc.) to find solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving abilities.