Director, Revenue Recognition
PowerSchool | G&A | Folsom, CA
PowerSchool is looking for a candidate to manage revenue assurance who will be responsible for global revenue recognition and ensure the Company stays up-to-date on GAAP pronouncements. This role will work cross functionally to educate and communicate current revenue recognition requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a revenue recognition policy for the Company in conformity with US GAAP requirements
- Involved in deal negotiations to structure software agreements in accordance with the revenue recognition policies. Involves working closely with the Sales, Legal and Professional Services Organizations
- Review multiple element, software transactions in accordance with current GAAP and internal policies to ensure accurate financial presentation
- Review current revenue recognition methodology/processes and implement "best practices" in revenue recognition and the revenue process
- Manage revenue staff
- Educate and update the Sales and Professional Services Organizations on changes in revenue recognition rules and company revenue recognition policies
- Work with auditors on reviews and annual audits
- Involvement in cross-functional initiatives and teams to drive process improvement changes
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Accounting designation, CA or CPA
- 6+ years related work experience. Public accounting experience a strong plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP (ASC605 and ASC606)
- High attention to detail with outstanding analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Works well as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effect positive change across the organization
- Takes initiative and ownership of situations