CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services
The Technical Consultant performs post-sale, on-site client work including installations, upgrades, testing, and/or maintenance on Centralsquare products. The person in this role possesses an excellent level of product knowledge, serves as liaisons between the organization and customers, and conveys customer feedback to technical design, engineering and project management staff.
- Defines client system requirements and specifications, such as hardware, software, site readiness, workflow detail, and networking requirements.
- Performs post-sale on-site technical support on networks/systems that may include telecommunications, voice, data, Internet, etc.
- Implementing changes and procedures for safeguarding customer's information and enhance systems security
- Providing guidance to clients on operation of hardware and software products and answering questions on function/usage.
- Configures and tests the system based on customer functional requirements and system requirements.This may include documenting and conducting acceptance tests. May perform training on Centralsquare products at customer sites.
- Works with customer’s internal resources, such as Telco’s, Radio, CAD, Mapping, Voice Logging Recorder, and other vendors as required to implement the solution in a timely fashion.
- Documents all software problems and technical procedures used by the department.
- Creates/Updates installation documents of Centralsquare applications and third-party software.
- Identifies, documents and communicates project risks to the Project Manager, and works to resolve identified issues independently.
- Creates, maintains and updates project and installation documentation to include files, network and equipment diagrams, journals, and clients supplied information.
- Assists internal staff with technical issues as needed during the sales process.Involves question/answer with sales, and may include meetings with prospective customers via conference call (or on occasion in person).
- Assists Project Management, clients, and Technical Services staff with technical questions and issues as needed before and after a sale, both remotely and on-site.
- Assists Technical Services and clients with VPN communication problems.Assists in customer upgrades or operating system/server application changes.
- Provides follow up to the customer to ensure that all issues, questions, and needs are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Performs after hours work as needed or scheduled.
- Responds to customer emergency issues after hours via phone when scheduled to be “on call”.
- Performs on-call and back-up advanced troubleshoot support for Centralsquare products as assigned.
- Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of the Centralsquare product suite, as well as off-the-shelf products and equipment used in the solution, and the integration between such systems.
- Demonstrates and maintains an effective knowledge of the required technologies, operating systems, and third party products.
Education: Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Experience: 2+ years in a technical role.
Professional Certification(s): Professional certifications in Microsoft operating systems and database, networking and virtualization technologies are preferred.
Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of local, wide area network, and/or Cloud design and installation preferred. Experience in 911 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) installation highly desired. Some roles may require experience with telephony PBX systems.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS and Linux operating systems, TCP/IP networking and related hardware, MS SQL database, and virtualization technologies. Initiative and ability to learn and use technology to deploy, enhance, test and/or maintain current product lines. Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
Competencies: Strong interpersonal, customer service, and training skills. Ability to manage client expectations in a project environment. Excellent trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
Travel: Up to 75%