Vice President of Global Sales Operations
Trintech | Sales/Marketing | Addison, TX
The Vice President, Global Sales Operations directs the firm’s support and enablement investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design, and lead the recruiting of sales force talent.
This role will require ruthless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure our teams are working against the right goals and have the tools needed to achieve them. The Vice President, Global Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Vice President, Global Sales Operations fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Chief Revenue Officer, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership (SLT) to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well- defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Product Officer to understand firm sales and technology strategy.
- Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with the SLT to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Supports the preparation of board deck materials and board analysis.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, reinforcing a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles.
- Oversees the delivery of training and enablement to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Oversees RFP responses, and general subject matter expertise support for the sales team
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
- Achievement of firm bookings, revenue, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; master’s in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Experience with Sales organizations selling cloud-based solutions
- Experience with salesforce.com and state of the art sales analytics tools
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience with enterprise and mid-market sales cycles
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Experience implementing successful sales process / methodology / sales playbook initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to produce quantifiable impact
- Knowledge of processes within Office of Finance
- Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills