EUC Systems Engineer
Advanced | Services - Technical | Slough, England
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
EUC engineer – EUC Services, will be responsible for delivering Desktop Services across our company and for our customers. You will be supporting our U.K. customer base and 2,200+ of our staff across numerous sites in the UK and India on a 7x24-x365 basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key role support role; your remit will be to support all aspects of Advanced Desktop Services. Physical and virtual desktops for internal and external clients with a particular focus around Intune / SCCM.
You'll be a strong Engineer who enjoys specialising in end user technology and are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of technologies.
- Demonstrable previous experience of implementing and supporting large-scale Desktop environments within a MSP environment or large Business.
- Strong technical Desktop expertise and communication skills, work to improve the delivery of Desktop service. Communicating effectively to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A practical understanding of gathering business requirements & scoping relevant solutions.
- Display effective skills to communicate with the leadership community, third-party Suppliers and internal / external technical teams.
- Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Deal positively with change & uncertainty
- To work on projects and initiatives as directed by the Desktop Technology Lead to support changes or opportunities in the division and wider business
- Participating in the evaluation, planning, design and implementation of new application initiatives
- Serving as an expert in implementations and migrations of the latest EUC and application virtualization technologies; recommending solutions to support and enhance our existing systems
- Contributing beyond INTUNE / SCCM, by assisting in the creation of the system design, functional specifications and operation for EUC projects and systems
- Identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve business processes and productivity, with a keen focus on automation
- Providing on-going support of installed application systems including resolution of application systems incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches
- Analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing user requirements
- Execution of change control procedures to ensure all enhancements, upgrades and patches are thoroughly tested and planned before implementation in the production environment
- Maintaining all related technical documentation; where applicable, developing and communicating company policies and procedures
· Previous desktop experience within a large scale organisation ideally working for an MSP.
· Creation of GPOs, groups, accounts, access, and provide feedback on issues or problems
· Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
· Functional testing, QA and testing of new platforms
· Authoring and updating infrastructure, support and procedures documentation.
· Experience supporting a large EUC Environments
· Experience of Citrix in a large environment
· Understanding of virtual and physical hardware in a datacentre environment
· Understanding and experience of App-V application streaming
· Strong / working knowledge of the following:
· All current version of Windows Desktop environment
· Desktop Patching including feature updates
· Windows Server 08, 12, 16,
· Microsoft Azure
· Experience of working in an ITIL environment