Vertafore | Finance | Denver, CO
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Be an integral part of the monthly accounting and month end close process including processing various journal entries and performing account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts
- Work with the Accounting Manager to assist the Account Payable team with invoice review and entry into the general ledger and related tasks
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the monthly process of tracking and calculating capitalized software
- Work closely with the Finance team to perform trend analysis and analytical reviews related to costs
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and other team members spread across multiple office locations
- Prepare PBC files and walkthroughs for external auditors and assist in the conduct of the audit
- Document and improve processes throughout the Vertafore Finance department.
- Work on additional projects as identified and assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Strong analytical skills to identify variances and problem areas
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines with a positive attitude
- Coordinate communication with and research inquiries for business segments
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel (including ability to generate pivot tables and write simple excel formulas)
- Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required
- Be a team player vs an individual performer
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.