Senior Cloud Operation Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
This is a great opportunity to become part of PowerSchool’s Cloud Operations team. The Cloud Operations team works in a growing and fast-paced environment managing the hosting infrastructure for the nation's leading education technology platform for K-12. The Cloud Operations team manages and administers all facets of Hosting from hardware to software, operating systems to PowerSchool’s related applications. Cloud Operations manages the applications for over 10 million students in a 24/7/365 environment. The Hosting atmosphere is collaborative, adaptable and team based to meet the needs of an evolving technology and business model. Some travel is required.
Technical Experience Required:
- 3+ years of experience as a System Administrator
- 3+ years of experience providing customer technology support
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows, Tomcat
- Strong working knowledge of Shell Scripting, Batch Scripting, and Perl Scripting
- Experience with remote management and IT automation tools
- Experience in Incident, Problem and Change managements
- Experience in applications/infrastructure monitoring and monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic, BSM etc.
- Experience in DevOps Deployment & Releases
- Experience with database technologies (MYSQL, MS SQL, and Oracle) is required
- Knowledge of private and public Cloud providers.
- Willing to work in 24x7 shifts (Night shift is core mandatory)
- Willing to work on Saturday and Sundays
- Ability to work a late or early shift aligned with West Coast and International school operations hours and on occasion provides on-call support during off business hours and weekends
- Must have strong verbal and written skills to interact with customers via phone and email.
- Ultra-reliable, highly motivated, self-starter, who is able to collaborate within Hosting Operations and across other functional groups.
- Knowledge of PowerSchool is a plus.