PowerSchool | G&A
As a Staff Accountant within PowerSchool, the successful candidate will be a dynamic and organized self-starter who can work independently while also being part of a team. The Lead, Finance will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. The Lead, Finance will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This role will provide support in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, the Lead, Finance will participate in compliance, and review schedules for the reporting processes.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare and process monthly journal entries in compliance with established policies and procedures and GAAP.
• Apply policies and procedures to ensure that accounting transactions are in compliance with company policies and are recorded in the financial records.
• Identifying potential process improvements and system enhancements to improve operational efficiencies and quality.
• Responsible for accurate and timely unit accounting and reporting
• Coordinate for Internal and External audits
• Thorough knowledge of Corporate laws, Tax Laws (Direct & Indirect), including GST
• Responsible for statutory compliance and filings
• Research transactions and various general ledger accounts to gather, review, and analyze data to present findings to supervisors.
• Assist the Accounting department with special projects as needed
• Assist with corporate audits and assist in collection of field work and field exams as conducted.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• 5-8 years hands-on experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
• Experience with NetSuite (Preferred) and Tally (Required)
• Basic sales skills including negotiating and persuasion
• Familiar with contracts, terms of service and legal issues
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing atmosphere
• Effective presentation, organizational, planning skills, and interpersonal skills
• Articulate communication skills with the ability to drive a phone conversation
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues as required
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision while being a member of the team.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
• Experience with direct customer contact
• Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
• Possesses the intellectual curiosity to be a problem solver
• Professional Certification Desired