Manager, Business Operations
MINDBODY | Business Development | San Luis Obispo, CA
Business Development accelerates the MINDBODY platform, growing the entire partner ecosystem to increase customer retention, choice, and innovation. By incubating new strategic revenue streams, we help to define and evolve the future of MINDBODY.
The Manager, Business Operations is a full-time professional position, located in San Luis Obispo. As an experienced operations leader, the Manager, Business Operations takes a strategic vision and develops operational initiatives to turn that vision into tangible results. This role possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture, strategic vision, exceptional organizational and executional abilities, and the drive and influencing skills to collaborate with a large number of constituents to transform that vision into reality. The role is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the Operations team of two direct reports.
As the Manager, Business Operations you will be responsible for enabling the smooth and predictable delivery of a material revenue stream for MINDBODY. Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders, the role is responsible for the planning, processes, systems, and initiatives that drive the expansion of MINDBODY’s industry-leading partner ecosystem.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute team initiatives and strategic projects, ensuring consistency and clear line of site with company goals
- Facilitate the development of measurable department objectives and accomplishments; run leadership meetings and executive report-outs
- Lead strategic planning including user story and requirements development and prioritization
- Own and evolve key department systems including Tableau, Salesforce, the Partner Portal, the Developer Portal, and the Partner Marketplace
- Lead high-visibility initiatives and change management for API price increases, system implementations, new monetization opportunities, and the BOLD Partner Track
- Drive and document continual process improvements that allow for scale and longevity; diligently work to simplify and eliminate process exceptions as appropriate
- Develop a clear and consistent partner communication plan, establishing MINDBODY as the trusted and leading source for partnering in fitness, beauty and wellness
- Facilitate dynamic meetings to ensure the goals and outcomes are achieved, moving the discussion forward and capturing and following through on key actions
- Act as an empowered delegate for the Sr. Director of Business Development, making informed decisions and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization
- Lead a team and distribute work as necessary; delegate effectively; foster and grow the high-energy, innovative culture of Business Development
- Adapt to evolving department/role and take on new challenges as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related experience
- 5 years experience in business operations, program management or project management; including 2+ years in a people management capacity
- Well-developed understanding of the Health, Fitness, Wellness and Beauty industry landscapes and the intersection with SaaS and Technology strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience in project management and operations best practices
- Strong ability to build advocates and lead cross-functionally through influence
- Change management expert
- Demonstrated technical aptitude—strong understanding of IT systems, process mapping, and agile product development
- Excellent communication, prioritization, options analysis, and quantitative skills
- Exhibits a “sense of urgency” in facilitating initiatives across multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
- Must be able to adapt to evolving department/role and able to take on new challenges as delegated to the position
- Proficient to advanced experience with Microsoft Suite, Salesforce, Google, Tableau, MINDBODY, and APIs preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.