Technical Support Engineer (Higher Ed)
PowerSchool | Higher Education | Austin, TX
As an Associate Technical Support Engineer (ATSE), you will serve as the voice of PeopleAdmin products (a division of PowerSchool) and will be an integral part of our mission to ensure each customer’s success and satisfaction. This critical role requires product knowledge of our talent management software, a solid understanding of software technology, and an ability to work directly with customers by phone, email, customer portal, and chat to provide exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Engage with customers via phone, portal, email and chat to respond to requests and resolve issues and questions
- Build and manage strong customer relationships through customer interactions
- Resolve issues by utilizing appropriate resources and effectively communicating issue resolution
- Troubleshoot basic to moderate technical issues.
- Document and track case histories, issues and actionable steps taken
- Assist in ownership of the content of knowledge base articles to ensure up-to-date product information is available both internally and to customers via the customer portal
- Gain in-depth knowledge of system capabilities and industry best practices along with creative problem-solving skills to resolve complex technical and functional problems
- Determine the right course of action or escalation path for customer requests/issues
- Meet and exceed customer service KPIs including CSAT, SLA, and Productivity metrics
- Prioritize concurrent customer projects and manage to timely completion
- Work effectively in a team-based environment
IDEAL Skill Set Include:
- 0-1 years of software support/customer service experience preferred.
- Experience working for a SaaS company preferred.
- Technical experience working with web-based software applications preferred.
- Dedicated and passionate about customer satisfaction and success.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong desire to learn and gain in-depth knowledge of all products and solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player that is willing to help other team members at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to 'listen' and empathize with the customer.
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Self-starter, self-directed and independent thinker.
- Proven propensity to learn new technologies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is primarily a sedentary role.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; technical degree a plus.