Kazoo | Accounting/Finance
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a passionate, driven and results-orientated Controller to join our world-class team. The Controller will be a dynamic business partner and leader within the Kazoo organization who will be responsible for directing the overall accounting / compliance strategy. You will need to be naturally curious and a dedicated problem solver, well versed in all aspects of GAAP accounting and be a willing coach for the other members of the accounting team. The Controller will likely come from a larger organization where they have learned best practices and be able to bring these skills into Kazoo to help the company scale.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Oversee accounting department responsible for preparation and maintenance of the general ledger, commissions/payroll, accounts receivable/invoicing/collections/cash receipts, accounts payable/processing bills/cash disbursement and ensure overall compliance with GAAP.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to adequately safeguard the assets of the company.
- Manage relationship with external CPAs and other vendors to ensure timely completion of annual financial and 401k audits, tax filings and reporting, and additional adhoc filing.
- Identify potential risk areas for the business.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Ensures accurate & timely financials are in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar.Identifies any areas of concern in financials for investigation & resolves.
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Reviews and ensures accurate and timely computation and payment of payroll, commissions, and expenses.
- Full coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information, preparation of financial statements & footnotes, and preparation of tax accounts.
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management of team members as required.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience in accounting with at least 2 years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance, CPA certified.
- Software revenue recognition knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Positive, self-starter attitude with a desire to exceed expectations.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on the quality of work.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and expert computer skills, specifically with accounting systems, MS Excel, and other MS Office applications.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong leadership/management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure.
- Experience with mergers/acquisitions, specifically GAAP and integration.