QA Engineer I - Mobile
Omnitracs | OT MEX - Engineering Svcs.
QA Engineer I - Mobile
Systemintegration & test engineers will support quality assurance of our industry-leadingsuite of fleet management services. QA Engineers will have the opportunity totest/troubleshoot/support application functionality across different Omnitracsdevices, utilizing a verity of technologies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Test plan definition.
- Documentation and execution of test cases.
- Interact with different teams to identify scenarios that can be automated and which performance profiles need to be executed.
- Collaborate with Product Management and UX areas to review requirements and perform early testing over them.
- Document and track defects found during testing.
- Plan and execute regression testing.
- Partner with internal Development and Systems Engineering teams to ensure that requirements are fully understood, and ensure that actual development plans and work products meet those requirements.
- Ensure that our systems are fully and successfully tested end to end
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in same a plus. ISTQB Foundation Level certification desired.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years’ experience in Quality Assurance with a proven track record in successfully completing projects while meeting and/or exceeding the project goals and objectives.
- 2-4 years of experience testing mobile platforms. Android is preferred.
- Desired knowledge in debugging tools for Android such as Android Studio.
- Deep understanding on network communication technologies: UMTS, CDMA, WCDMA, WiFi, 3G, LTE, etc.
- Desired knowledge on ADB commands.
- Hands on experience on the use of logging tools such as Putty.
- Desired knowledge on GPS simulation tools such as GPS Feed.
- Desired Understanding on satellite communication.
- Desired knowledge on bus protocol communication for trucks (J1939, J1587) and simulation tools (Canalizer, DPA5)
- Exposure to software development methodologies
- Exposure to subsystem hardware integration related to I/O level testing
- Well versed in the scientific method (designing, executing, and analyzing tests/experiments)
Required general skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as this position will require heavy interaction with a number of different groups
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on a project to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently on assignments; self-starter