Jamf | 600 - Information Technology
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The IT Developer position will work cross-functionally between departments identifying and creating solutions to help bridge the gaps in systems and processes. This specific role has a direct responsibility for supporting all internal custom-developed projects in addition to creating new systems, processes, and workflows that are frictionless and secure.
- Evangelize workflow and systems automation in all aspects of internal Jamf processes
- Assist with decision making around build vs buy
- Work with our vendors to get the most out of systems integrations
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of our tools and manage cooperation between various systems
- Work with the Documentation & Training team to create documentation and other supporting materials for system topology, support, and administration
- Lead the maintenance of existing code repositories and automation of enterprise systems
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve escalated technical problems and incidents in a timely and professional manner
- Assist in monitoring and administrating all globally-available IT-supported automation systems and processes
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed, and manifested in our work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage multiple small projects while simultaneously adapting priorities quickly and effectively
- Strong Python software development skills (Required)
- An eye for detail and passion for creating user-friendly interfaces
- Experience with protocols such as SAML and LDAP (Preferred)
- Experience with APIs, XML, JSON, PHP, Apex, MySQL, and Git (Preferred)
- Experience with Ansible as an automation tool is a plus
- Dedicated to making people happier by improving their tools and processes regardless of their job role
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem-solving and communication skills and the delivery of high-quality work
- Practical experience managing and supporting globally available enterprise services on-site and remotely
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a software engineer or similar development role
- Experience working in a compliance-driven environment
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.