Advanced | IT Services
The Service Architect acts as a subject matter expert in the services that Advanced provide to its customers, being able to position and evangelise these services is fundamental to the role which allows Advanced to articulate value in IT services to ITO customers. You would act as a trusted adviser to new and existing customers and bring together capabilities from operational teams, service transition and the wider business to understand, influence and coach the selling, creation and adoption of Advanced services.
Essentially this role provides the people and process evangelism in new business and existing business wins and develops a deep understanding of the services Advanced can provide, as well as engaging as an SME on new services.
- Understanding the service Advanced offer through help desk, operations and service transitions
- Supporting Sales and Marketing efforts
- Making the complex simple, identifying the service requirements of a customer and positioning Advanced services to help
- Providing quality assurance over PreSales processes
- To act as the ‘glue’ between PreSales, Operations and Service Transition
This is a client facing role and the Service Architect must be able to demonstrate competence in consultative customer engagements, presentation skills and solution selling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the services that Advanced provide in detail (e.g Helpdesk, escalations, SoC, NoC, Desktop Management, SDM, TAM) and being able to articulate the value to customers in presentation and written form
- Assist in response to bids and tenders on questions relating to service
- Act as a ‘Service SME’ within the wider business areas
- Undertake consultative engagements with customers during a sales process, to understand their requirements and competitively position Advanced service to fit their business needs
- Provide leadership in a virtual team of Service stakeholders
- Accountable for PRF/RFP activity and its supportability in Operate
- Maintaining an awareness and ongoing interest in service related activities at Advanced
- Delivering and promoting quality, excellence and continual improvement on collateral used in PreSales
- To provide standard documentation and categorise response to increase our sped to response
- Producing quality documentation and sales proposals
- To assist and advise other business areas on service related items, based on what you see enaging with our customers and market
- Skills (R – Required, D – Desireable)
- Customer facing presentation ability (R)
- Proven experience in solution selling (R)
- Understanding of ITIL best practices (R)
- Knowledge in impementing new services (R)
- 3 + years client facing PreSales experience (R)
- Experience in creation of new services (D)
- BMC Remedy (D)
- Microsoft Technologies (D)
Re-imagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme