Territory Development Representative
Ping Identity | Sales Development (6500)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is continually hiring smart, strategic and passionate people to join our Territory Development team. The Territory Development Rep position is for individuals who are ready to develop challenging pre-sales experience through the identification and qualification of sales opportunities globally.
As an important part of our sales and marketing organization, you’ll understand the prospect’s business challenges to pre-qualify opportunities through phone and email contact. You’ll drive revenue through pipeline development, foster relationships and uncover business challenges that Ping Identity solves.
The Territory Development Rep plays a critical role in qualifying marketing leads and providing feedback to marketing on program effectiveness. Working in collaboration with marketing and enterprise field sales, the Territory Development Rep’s primary objective is to deliver opportunities to the regional sales team he/she supports.
- Effectively interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email by serving as a resource to prospects for questions and resources
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Ping Identity’s product and solutions
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- Aggressively identify qualified sales opportunities in enterprise accounts
- Qualify marketing leads via email, telephone calls and online research to ascertain challenges, interest level and appropriate next steps
- Outbound prospecting within target accounts, including mapping organizations and contacting executives
- Partner effectively with enterprise sales representatives to identify target prospect accounts and pass qualified opportunities, maintaining a seamless experience for the prospect and sales teams.
- Attend and assist with corporate and field events
- Achieve monthly and quarterly opportunity targets
- 0 - 2 years of experience in lead development, sales development, tele-prospecting or related area
- Strong customer service orientation, persistence, and ability to follow through
- Professional, ambitious, determined and results-oriented mind set
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, self-starter who can work alone and in a collaborative manner to achieve team goals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively