Senior Product Manager (Higher Ed)
PowerSchool | Higher Education
This position will work closely with the Higher Education leadership team to define and write product features to be implemented by the R&D team. Responsibilities include driving the definition of high-value extensions and enhancements to PowerSchool’s Higher Education product portfolio. This position will follow the Agile development process, to define the scope of work for the R&D team by creating user stories, developing acceptance criteria and refining the product backlog. Working with R&D and subject matter experts, you will apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. This position is with PeopleAdmin, a PowerSchool Company.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Improve organizations performance on delivering products by managing the cross functional development scope with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum teams.
- Support Higher Education leadership in the development of product vision, goals, themes and features. This translates into a product roadmap and long-term product strategy and feature development
- Participate and help lead daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with the Engineering team, guiding direction and focus
- Translate product directives into backlog items, effectively representing customer needs. Serve as the primary source of external information for the Scrum teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements framing the scope of the capability –independent of implementation.
- Work closely with Engineering on implementation issues and review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria
- Communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders including external and internal customers
- Communicate the product vision to the technical teams as well as to other teams within the company
- Provide weekly reports on project status to Higher Education leadership
- Monitor and identify impediments to release objective and suggest corrective actions as necessary
- 6+ years’ prior experience in a product owner, product manager, or senior business analyst role
- Thorough understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and clients
- Ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Problem solving, conflict resolution, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience