MINDBODY | Finance/Accounting
JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant, Mindbody India
JOB FUNCTION: Finance
JOB FAMILY: FI - Accounting
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller, India
Connectingthe world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simpleidea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most:their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world'sleading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands ofpassionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clientsthey serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based businessmanagement software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries& territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning forus. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day,balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed &individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with ourtechnology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
The accounting department ensuresthe timely and accurate delivery of financial statements through managing anarray of accounting processes including the month-end financial statementclose, payroll, accounts payable, tax and audit compliance, designing andmaintaining accounting policies, and implementing financial controls. Thedepartment strives to promote company values by continually evolvingdepartment efficiency and procedures through automation, by taking action tominimize MINDBODY’s environmental impact through minimal use of paper, and by servingemployees, management, and vendors in a humble and helpful manner.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the completion of anaccurate and timely monthly financial close including accounting, payroll, tax,accounts payable, and government compliance for the Mindbody India entity andother MINDBODY non-US subsidiaries. This individual will be a strong individualcontributor and be responsible for day-to-day accounting department functionsincluding payroll and accounts payable as well as special projects. Thesuccessful candidate will be able to apply accounting, project management, andanalytical skills to contribute to a dynamic and efficient accounting team in afast-growing, high-tech company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform general accountingfunctions including preparation of journal entries, balance sheetreconciliations, and fluctuation analysis
· Process payroll andaccounts payable for India and other Non-US operations
· Perform and maintain financialstatement internal control procedures
· Assist in maintaining and updatingdocumentation of accounting department policies and procedures
· Monitor and analyze financialtransactions to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate
· Assist with generaladministrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned
· Participate in financialaudit process including interactions with internal and external auditors
· Responsible for completion of accurate and timely monthlyfinancial close for India encompassing general ledger accounting, balance sheetaccount reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, and tax compliance
· Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and India GAAP
· Maintain, and enforce Company accounting policies, procedures andinternal controls
· All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
· Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
· You will be responsible for planning and organizing their ownwork, which may or may not be directly related to general business operationsof the company or its customers
· You will receive training and guidance from manager as needed
· Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercisediscretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significancedepending on the nature of the position
· There is no direct management responsibility for the position
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· 3+ yearsof progressively responsible experience in general ledger accounting andpayroll processing
· Strong understanding of Indian GAAP and US GAAP
· Strong Excel and NetSuite skills a plus
· Highly motivated self-starter and analytical thinker
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must work collaboratively with a history of identifyinginefficiencies and developing solutions to improve processes
· Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment, adapts easily tochange
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computerkeyboard
· This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remainstationary for extended periods of time
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include closevision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderatelyquiet