CentralSquare Technologies | Development
Our Product Owner is responsible for leading the CentralSquare development teams’ execution and delivery of software releases with well-defined Agile/Scrum software development life cycle process. This position understands and coordinates feature backlog for all releases for the products. You will lead the translation of software features into technical requirements (Features) and follow Agile Scrum based Software development, define software release plan and scope with Product Management, tech lead and other stakeholders, and be the single voice on particular products within CentralSquare ERP systems worked by the Development Group.
· Effective and groomed backlog
· Clear defined Acceptance Criteria per feature
· Effective Agile Processes (Scrum and Agile Hybrid) and Cross Functional communication
· Effective Operating Organization & talent development
· World Class Program & Project Execution
· Efficient Delivery of Services (Quality, Low cost)
· Efficient and Effective Solution Delivery Process
· Promote Continuous Improvement
· Promote High Quality
· Translate weekly Scrum report for broader audiences
· Manage the backlog for sprint and release planning pre-development start through QA
· Lead software reviews from development onto QA — including informal handoff to QA and Distribution
· Responsible for content of Release Notes that accompany each software release
· Raise risks / impediments to management
· Convert of System Requirements Spec into user stories
· Work with functional leads on staffing needs and resource management based on capacity requirements
· Collaborate with business analysts to transition the business requirements to technical requirements.
· Propose and implement processes, practices, and tools allow for multiple paths of delivery. I.e., create simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methodologies
· Recommend improvements and drive alignment across development teams and groups
· Lead and influence others including those more senior on best practices
· Manage partnerships with external customers and vendors
· Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements
· 4+ years of Agile Software Development
· 5+ years of Software Development LifeCycle experience
· 2+ years of Requirements management and software architecture
· Experience with new teams in new methodologies
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience is required. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or MBA is preferred.
Detailed Requirements / Preferences:
· Agile technical project management of multiple software releases
· Work with 3rd party software parties to integrate
· Work across multiple technical teams to develop solutions
· Led backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile Teams
· Clarify any acceptance criteria, work with program lead, technical lead
· Detailed knowledge of Configuration Management Systems and processes
· Worked with TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps to support backlogs, sprinting and code streams
· Support Continuous builds and integration environment using C#
· Work with Scrum Masters to identify and resolve impediments
· Knowledge of Governmental ERP Systems
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership:
· The timelines and solutions to technical problems;
· The suitability of tools and best practices for configuration management
· Any new technical concepts and their associated costs and capital investments;
· Any risks or dependencies to the project or program;
· Clearly distinguish between fact and professional opinion in all communication
· Work with development partners to build solutions and communicate effectively to build consensus on technical viewpoints
· Requires effective communication with cross-functional teams and management.
· Application Development Methodology: Ability to apply the standard Agile/Scrum development processes and tools covering the full development lifecycle (e.g., project preparation, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and support) to ensure solution quality and consistency of process.
· System Design: Knowledge of the system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an application system or process to meet the clients’ needs that also meets all relevant Company standards.
· Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
· Engineering Skills: Knowledge of software development methodologies, patterns and practices, unit testing, CI/CD and Quality controls.
· DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
· COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System.
· ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
· INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and Corporate Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
· DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.