QA Engineer I (Automation)
Omnitracs | OT MEX - US Support Eng. Svcs.
QA Engineer I
Systemintegration & test engineers will support quality assurance of our industryleading suite of fleet management services. I&T Engineers will have theopportunity to test/troubleshoot/support end-to-end application functionalityacross mobile and host, utilizing a verity of technologies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Test Strategy and Plan creation.
- End-to-end testing driving for a medium to large project.
- Guiding and mentoring to lower levels
- Owner of the complete test scope and schedule and delivery for the project.
· Providesthe program, product and dev managers with the clear status, risks andmitigations for the project.
· Collaborationwith the other functions within the org to de-risk testing and keep the projecton schedule.
- Shares best practices and collate practices that could be incorporated into the organizations test process.
- Interaction with different teams to identify scenarios that can be automated and which performance profiles need to be executed.
- Ensures that our systems are fully and successfully tested end to end
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in same a plus. ISTQB Foundation Level certification desired.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance with a proven track record in successfully completing projects while meeting and/or exceeding the project goals and objectives.
- 2 years of experience testing mobile or web platforms
- Exposure to software development methodologies
- Exposure to subsystem hardware integration related to I/O level testing
- Well versed in the scientific method (designing, executing, and analyzing tests/experiments)
Required general skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as this position will require heavy interaction with a number of different groups
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on a project to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently on assignments; self-starter