Technical Support Engineer
PowerSchool | Support
This position, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, provides technical support for our award-winning K-12 software systems. This position provides world class solutions-oriented technical support with a strong focus on customer service that is designed to maximum customer satisfaction. This position requires the employee to become proficient with all aspects of the application software functionality in order to accurately analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software or system related issues. This position will interact with customers via telephone and written internet based communication.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Serve the front line of customer service for Schoology’s passionate user base by responding to issues via phone, live chat, and email within our target SLAs
- Tackle basic-to-advanced technical questions as they arise in relation to Support tickets.
- Become a platform export for our web-based product and iOS/Android applications, and stay abreast of the latest changes and offerings
- Become a platform expert and have a thorough understanding of the K-12 EdTech space
- Work with our current resources to enhance self-service solutions for customer inquiries
- Work a 9am-5pm ET Monday - Friday schedule for a one/two month training period. After the training period, you may be asked to work 12pm-8pm shift Monday -Friday. You must also have the flexibility to work overtime hours, especially during our busiest season (August-October).
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Motivation and desire to help others
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A reputation as a highly-organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented team player
- The ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of personalities with varied technical experience
- Experience finding creative solutions to technical challenges
- Eagerness to grow within a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and 0-3 years in a problem-solving environment
Bonus points for:
- A passion for Support and/or Education
- Experience with agile software support at an Enterprise SaaS company
- Experience with the Zendesk
- Experience with JIRA/Atlassian products
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus