KIBO | Accounting/Finance
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Sale. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is searching for a strong accounting leader to head our accounting department. The Controller will oversee the timely monthly close of the General Ledger, consolidation and reporting of financial results, coordination of audits, the establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, including revenue recognition and the development of efficient and effective processes that also support compliance to internal controls. Additionally, this position includes responsibility for all daily activities and development of a team of Finance and Accounting employees.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for accounting controls, financial reporting, technical accounting and tax for the company
- Oversee accounting department operations; General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Credit & Collections, Payroll, Tax, and Treasury
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy, and higher service
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations
- Ensure accurate & timely financials are in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar. Identify any areas of concern in financials for investigation & resolves
- Direct the daily activities and the career development of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management of team members as required
- EDUCATION: BA/BS in Accounting or related Required; MBA/MS of Accounting Preferred
- CERTIFICATIONS: CPA Certification Required (May be inactive)
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 7+ years of Accounting Experience; 3+ years in an accounting leadership role
- Experience in Enterprise Software or SaaS environments preferred
- Experience with big 10 accounting firm as well as enterprise accounting responsibilities in a corporate setting highly preferred.
- Strong and broad experience in accounting and ability to apply strong US GAAP knowledge to business scenarios
- Exposure to and strong understanding of software/technology revenue recognition
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
- Skilled in managing the entire quote to cash lifecycle with particular focus on renewals and collections
- A proven track record of performance, where timelines are achieved, and deadlines are consistently met – detail oriented and driven to succeed