Software Engineer I - React
MINDBODY | Product Development
Connecting the world to wellness
MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: their customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
MINDBODY is a cloud-based business management software for the wellness services industry.
We serve about 35 million consumers located in 130 countries & territories.
At MINDBODY, work-life balance takes on a new meaning for us. When your life goals & values align with the work you do every day, balance is second nature.
We help inspired business owners seamlessly succeed & individuals all over the globe lead healthier, happier lives with our technology.
Company Overview - https://company.mindbodyonline.com/
Follow our careers page here - https://mindbodyonline.com/careers
JOB SUMMARY –
Software Engineers work in the MINDBODY software development life cycle, including specification, design, and implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. Software Engineers are responsible for their own code and bugs.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for our core product. This includes developing software components including Frameworks, APIs, Websites, Utilities, Databases and Internet-related tools. They also determine hardware compatibility and/or influence hardware design when applicable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a self-directed, key contributor to code development on features and bugs to produce successful team sprints
- Makes implementation design decisions around new feature components
- Produces contingency plans for critical projects
- Analyzes technical requirements with the team to gauge level of effort
- Breaks down complex projects and delegates work to junior engineers
- Carefully analyzes design specifications before coding to understand effort levels required
- Creates technical documentation for new features that can be easily understood by peers
- Writes and executes tests, including creating comprehensive unit tests
- Performs peer code reviews to ensure quality of the codebase
- Keeps abreast of new technologies
- Ensures designs and projects created comply with design library guidelines, internal best practices, and coding conventions when applicable
- All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
- Duties for this position are performed under limited supervision
- You will be responsible for planning and organizing their own work, which may or may not be directly related to general business operations of the company or its customers
- You will receive training and guidance from manager as needed
- Individual contributors may be required to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance depending on the nature of the position
- There is no direct management responsibility for the position
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 1+ years of experience on React
- At least 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Past experience of being a project or team lead that mentored other junior engineers
- Experience with SaSS
- Experience with / basic knowledge of NPM
- Experience working within a micro-service environment
- Worked with a distributed team
- Worked in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills (edited)
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- You will need dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet