Senior Manager, HR Business Partnerships
MINDBODY | People & Culture
Support assigned business unit or region by promoting, communicating and implementing human resources strategies and initiatives. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, stock renewal, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Build and maintain influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. Provide guidance on employment law, coordinate performance management, and resolve employee relations issues. Provide guidance on human resources policies and procedures such as payroll, benefits, compensation, employee development, and recruiting. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving
As the Senior Manager, People & Culture (P&C) the successful individual will be responsible for leading a high performing team of P&C Business Partners. This role requires an effective influencer, knowledge about the business whose impact and value is clear to the team and P&C alike. The role will consult with executives and their senior leadership teams on matters related to global organizational effectiveness, including but not limited to organizational design & development, employee engagement, workplace planning, change management, and the effective implementation of P&C programs and services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with assigned business executives and leadership team within the Product & Engineering organization to understand business strategy and drivers and identify corresponding people capabilities required to achieve strategic and operational priorities. Manage team to outcomes.
- Use strong business and HR acumen to exchange conceptual ideas and information effectively with leaders to meet operational and strategic objectives
- Hire, train, and develop talent
- Lead Business Partner team to effectively provide support to business to meet people and strategic objectives.Delegate effectively; and leverage performance management practices where necessary.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals
- Model thought leadership regarding MINDBODY organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Lead team to address Organization Development, Design and Change Management initiatives. Can see alignment between decisions and impact to business and is able to communicate the connection to team members.
- Plan, execute, and track team initiatives and strategic projects ensuring consistency and alignment with company goals. Identify dependencies, risks; and present status updates to senior leadership
- Oversee or conduct internal investigations, as required, when allegations of legal or policy violations are made, with the objective of achieving resolution and mitigating company risk.
- Manage BP team such that they can resolve complex employee relations issues, partnering with legal where needed
- Provide expertise in the following areas: workforce strategies, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, people and team planning and employee relations
- Lead by example by cultivating partnerships with departments and specialists to develop people oriented solutions and programs
- Proactively partner with Learning & Development to identify and address business needs.Facilitate leadership trainings as needed
- All other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years as P&C (HR) professional in multi-discipline environment; progressive complexity across different departments and working directly with Senior Leaders and Executives
- 3+ years’ experience managing a high-performing team of professional level P&C (HR) contributors
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Human Resources certification preferred (such as PHR, SPRH, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
- Proven success working with a Products & Engineering client group within a technology organization is preferred
- Experience in leading direct reports in addressing Change Management, Organization Design, Organization Development Employee Engagement, Risk Mitigation and Performance Management
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of federal, multi-state and knowledge of applicable international laws
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in teaching others what to look for
- Proven track record in developing and facilitating Executive discussions and decision making related to talent review and planning
- Humble leader willing to learn and teach others
- Intermediate skills with MS Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with web conferencing tools. Working knowledge with HR Technologies (i.e., ATS, HCM, employee engagement tools, etc.)
- Recognized as subject matter expert by the team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- Based on business needs, occasional travel to remote or international locations may be required