Cloud Platform Engineer
MINDBODY | Information Technology
Help people lead healthier, happier lives by connecting the world to wellness. MINDBODY emerged from the simple idea that small business owners deserve the time to focus on what matters most: our customers. Our software has transformed that vision into the world's leading wellness services marketplace, linking hundreds of thousands of passionate health, wellness, and beauty professionals to the millions of clients they serve.
We are looking for experienced Platform Engineers to help build the systems that power MINDBODY. As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be writing software that is responsible for core infrastructure deployment, application deployment, and tooling to empower development teams. You’ll work with software teams to help them run their software at global scale. You’ll help MINDBODY chart it’s future technology course.
The Platform Engineer is considered a staff engineer who is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of cloud infrastructure to support scalable and maintainable software platforms. Improve communication and collaboration to enable rapid product development by serving as the liaison between the development and operations teams. Maintain knowledge of agile/scrum methodology, development processes, and programming languages.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical certification or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- 2-4 years of industry experience managing IT systems in a virtualized or cloud environment.
- Proficient understanding of cloud infrastructure services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Proficient understanding of container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon Web Services, Terraform and Pulumi).
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET, VSTS experience desired.
- Ability to function with ambiguity to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision.
- Has experience working with a distributed team.
- Has experience debugging and optimizing code and automating routine tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to complex projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Design, engineer, and test software components to manage infrastructure and applications.
- Work with the team, and other development teams to build roadmap and scope features.
- Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
- Creates technical design specifications and incorporates feedback given by senior employees.
- Participates in code reviews and incorporates feedback given by senior employees.
- Admits mistakes and attempts to achieve the best outcome in the situation.
- Assists in maintenance and troubleshooting of operating environments, including participating in an on-call rotation.
- Assists development teams with scalability and availability of their software.
- Maintain core operating environments, including participating in an on-call rotation.
- Builds automated deployments using infrastructure-as-code technology.
- Sets up and maintains test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Ensures the adherence to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Uses best practices to improve services for customers.
- Encourages the open exchange of ideas.
- Customizes and adapts communication and discussion to appeal to the specific interest, need and level of our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.