Technical Support Associate I
Jamf | 202 - Technical Support
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Technical Support Associate works within the Technical Support department to provide technical support and guidance for customers related to the installation, troubleshooting, and integration of Jamf products and supporting technologies. The Technical Support Associate provides direct assistance to Jamf users and is responsible for fielding phone calls and live chat requests directly from customers, as well as delivering Tier 1 technical support to Jamf Pro and Jamf Now customers with an emphasis on first-touch issue resolution. This position requires shift work, which includes weekends, bank holidays, and shifts between 6am – 8pm.
- Utilize available documentation and resources to identify and resolve customer issues quickly and effectively to maximize same-day resolution and customer satisfaction
- Answer regional support phone calls and live chat requests, and contribute to the 24/7 global support resource pool to maintain the availability and reliability of technical support for customers
- Create excellent case notes to document issues for collaborative troubleshooting and resolution to ensure painless hand-offs when escalating customer issues
- Effectively communicate with customers in all mediums to meet evolving customer demand to maximize customer satisfaction
- Maintain best practices in case management to escalate cases quickly and effectively as needed to minimize the resolution time of customer issues
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace; one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- Excellent English Skills (B2/C1 Required)
- Aptitude to quickly learn basic technical concepts and communicate to technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and problem-solving tasks related to server infrastructure, systems, networks, and hardware
- Capacity to multi-task and quickly prioritize duties
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with macOS, iOS, is preferred
- Experience with macOS, Windows, and/or Linux server platforms is desirable
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
- We are relentless, but we are selfless. You can create and be creative, dig in, break it down, and troubleshoot to help others make sense of technology.
- Best – in – class training in professional growth and product knowledge.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.