Social Media Communications Specialist
PowerSchool | Marketing
The Communications Specialist’s role is to create and deliver social media marketing programs to support the company’s brand reputation and growth of its services and products. You will also support the Corporate Communications team to shape and protect our corporate image in ways that advance our business, values and mission. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the education technology industry and the company’s customers. Proficiency in social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn; content development for these channels; and online engagement on these channels with the company’s niche customer segment is a must. We are a data driven team so familiarity with monitoring and analytics for social media is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monthly/Quarterly planning for all Social Media channels to meet business goals.
- Create and manage on-going social media content and calendar with daily posting.
- Engage daily in company’s social media channels and online communities to generate awareness and build community of engaged followers.
- Identify and manage relationships with online influencers.
- Recommend and execute social media ideas in support of overall Marketing and Communications objectives.
- Execute against annual social media strategy and plan as part of broader Events, Communications, and Community Engagement and Advocacy team.
- Own and maintain organic social analytics, metrics, and campaign reporting.
- Closely partner with colleague managing paid social media efforts to ensure plans and daily activities are integrated for most impact across social media channels.
- Provide communications support to team as needed including but not limited to writing, editing, and research as it pertains to proactive and reactive earned media efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in social media within education technology industry.
- Strong understanding of social media channels, including their purpose, potential and best practices for engagement.
- Understanding of the company’s niche customer segment and the education technology industry.
- Demonstrated experience delivering effective and innovative daily social media activities and social media campaigns.
- Strong understanding analytics with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Understanding and appreciation of integrated marketing and communications efforts especially as it pertains to paid and organic social media.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and under tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.