Digital Marketing Analyst
Granicus | Digital Engagement Services
The Granicus Digital Engagement Services team believes in the power of digital to transform the human experience, to promote connection, access, transparency and progress. We are laser-focused on helping our government clients realize the full potential of digital so they can be relevant and accessible as they strive to serve the greater good. We collaborate with our clients and our team to help governments adopt new tools, culture, processes and approaches to keep pace with rising citizen expectations.
We're looking for a Digital Marketing Analyst to help in our next phase of growth. This role will contribute at every step from establishing communication segmentation and flow to analyzing performance.
The ideal candidate is highly strategic, very comfortable with numbers, and is able to communicate effectively and calmly, even under deadline pressure and with clients.
The ideal candidate wants to build and expand our data practice for our clients. This role is not a good fit for someone looking for detailed daily direction; a successful candidate must be a curious self-starter with an enthusiasm for demonstrating results to our clients. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county’s digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide initiative, to growing a large federal agency’s digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Manager of the Digital Engagement Services team based in D.C.
Who you are:
- Closely collaborate with internal Strategy and Program teams, vendor partners and client contacts to operationalize and measure performance of campaigns and drive strategic recommendations for optimizations
- Articulate high-level communication flows into detailed database requirements
- Oversee all tracking, QA and reporting across communication touchpoints
- Manage and resolve the key data issues involving quality and consistency of data for analytical purposes
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive. Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
- Support and consult Federal/State/Local Sales and Client Success Consultant teams in endeavors to pursue Digital Engagement Services opportunities.
- Occasionally represent Granicus Digital Engagement Services in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements to our platform.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
What you'll do:
- 3+ years of digital marketing analysis, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- Mastery of analyzing and interpreting data from digital communications, including email marketing, social networks, surveys, websites or the next new thing. Experienced in building out reporting tools
- Highly skilled in Excel, with a data-first mindset. Power BI experience preferred, Tableau experience a plus.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government
- Be passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- Possess superior analytical and communication (oral and written) skills.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.