Director, User Community Engagement
Jamf | 310 - Product Management
Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations. After watching hundreds of users struggle to deploy, update, and secure Apple computers, iPads, and iPhones in business and in the classroom, we knew there had to be a better way to handle such pesky IT functions. Removing the barriers of technology and empowering doctors to treat patients, teachers to teach, and businesses to thrive.
Today, more than 34,000 customers from more than 150 countries rely on Jamf to help them succeed with Apple. We don’t say we are the best, but we strive to be the best. We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for making people’s lives easier, paving the way for a better Apple experience in government organizations, hospitals, businesses, and schools.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
Jamf is seeking a Director, User Community Engagement, to focus on Jamf Nation Communities. Hosted by Jamf, Jamf Nation Communities is a dynamic and knowledgeable community of 100,000+ Apple administrators and Jamf users — the world’s largest Apple IT management community. Aligning with Jamf’s strategic direction, our goal is to expand this online community to ensure it fulfills the global user needs associated with all Jamf products. The director will lead the expansion of this trusted online global community to create an environment where all users can participate, share new ideas, ask questions and solve problems.
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The director will be responsible for increasing user acquisition and engagement by creating and executing plans to achieve this strategic community expansion goal. This role will lead a team and work with internal Jamf stakeholders and Jamf product users to map out the priorities, investments, technologies and key activities needed to help us expand the community, while maintaining engagement with current community members.
- Engage with Jamf’s core users, internal stakeholders and partners to fully understand and capture the needs of our global user community.
- Define the core user community strategy, drive value stream mapping to define current state and the transition to future state.
- Create detailed plans, including key work streams, prioritized requirements, well-defined resource requirements and timelines.
- Manage and foster ongoing strong internal relationships across Jamf, at the team and executive levels, working cross departmentally to ensure members of the community have a seamless and consistent user experience across products.
- Execute against the strategy and plans to ensure all aspects of the community are functioning optimally to maximize acquisition and engagement levels.
- Build programs to engage a new generation of users across a wider set of business and technology functions, making well-researched technology decisions and trade-offs based on goals which include running the community at scale.
- Ensure delivery of planned results, on time and within budget.
- Write and create content, both internally and externally, to represent the mission and goals of the community.
- Mentor and grow team members who will become Jamf future leaders.
- Support an organizational culture that fosters quality, collaboration, high morale and productivity.
- Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with Jamf’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 5 years in a leadership role (required)
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a manager or director focused on building a community or similar engagement (required)
- 2-5 years of experience managing and fostering user and stakeholder relationships (required)
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player with proven leadership ability
- Excellent written, oral and social interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to engage with and establish trust while effectively communicating with all levels of customers and Jamf employees, including c-level executives to gain alignment
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties, as well as demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on experience, a willingness to deep dive when required to achieve success
- Intelligent, analytical and mentally agile with the ability to focus on key issues quickly and decisively
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Be your own self-starter. We support each other no doubt, but we thrive taking initiative and are empowered to roll up our sleeves, dig in, and push forward.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice, and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 34,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us at a 96% customer retention rate
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- 20 of the Top 25 Fortune 500 companies rely on Jamf to do their best work.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it in their gut to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities.