JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Director of Strategic Event Marketing
PowerSchool | Marketing | Folsom, CA
PowerSchool is the #1 leading education technology platform for K-12, serving more than 40 million users, 15 million students, and 70 countries around the world. We provide best-in- class, secure, and compliant online solutions, including student information systems, registration, and school choice, assessment and analytics, special education management, and learning management solutions. We empower teachers and drive student growth through innovative digital classroom capabilities, and we engage families through real-time communications across any device.
The Director, Strategic Event Marketing will be accountable for developing and leading PowerSchool’s overall event strategy and execution. They will support executive leadership as an events advisor and strategist. As an expert in B2B events, they should have an excellent understanding of the role and value of events in supporting lead generation, nurture and sales enablement programs. The ideal candidate will understand both the art and science of event marketing with a focus on data driven strategy creation delivered through flawless experiential execution to provide measurable results.
Our event program at PowerSchool covers multiple event types from small regional roadshows to large trade shows and user groups. The ideal candidate would have experience leading this kind of diverse program and is ready to challenge the status quo with new thinking on how to engage and drive value to our target audience and education overall. Knowledge of the education technology industry would be ideal but not a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop coordinated, enterprise-wide events strategy
- Set measurable objectives for events by type, size, and location
- Oversee events measurement, including the design and operation of relevant dashboards and reports to forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of events
- Collaborate with the campaign team to ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post-event strategy to increase engagement and drive value
- Proactively engage with sales teams to coordinate, communicate and optimize the impact of event activities
- Communicate to and educate executive leadership regarding new and planned event activities including global, regional and local programs
- Oversee the direction and management of your event team as they deliver event campaigns, ensuring they deliver on brief, budget, deadlines, and to the highest quality
- Coach, mentor and lead your team with clear direction and focus on their roles and responsibilities
- Proactively look for new/smarter ways to improve department processes and procedures to deliver a faster, more efficient and scalable program of activity.
- Oversee the selection of agencies and third-party vendors
- 7 years’ planning and implementing events for a large organization
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Proven record of success in marketing and audience engagement with C Level decision makers
- Solid understanding of the best and latest event technologies
- Strong experience in creating and designing event programs, including event themes, messaging, branding, content out the box ideas and creative approaches to improving audience engagement and interaction
- Ability to create and accelerate the pipeline
- Brand awareness and consideration