JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Applications Systems Administrator III
Superion | IT | High Point, NC
Application Systems Administrator III:
Installs new system, application, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration. Has in-depth understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Superion and the Cloud Solutions team. Assists in establishing and updating practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks and projects, while demonstrating expertise in multiple areas such as networking, virtualization, and server administration. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. Works under general supervision, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Primary job functions require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Manager or Director, and may supervisor or direct the duties of other Systems Administrators. The position will also be responsible for installing and upgrading the Superion applications, hot fixes, and services packs on an as-needed basis. Additionally, the position is responsible for the application and environment security, as it relates to the Superion applications published in a Cloud/SaaS/ASP model. This may include users and group security administration. This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Periodically, this position may require working a fix work schedule starting as early as 7am.
• Service-oriented mentality.
• High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
• Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
• Strong communicator. Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills. Able to manage difficult customer situations.
• Able to resolve complex issues within Superion application, servers, and network, independently. Provide support for escalated issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes by System Administrator I, or II staff.
• Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
• Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in and leading team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
• Expert collaborator within team and with other departments and 3rd parties. Influences strategy and direction as well as tactical methodology for achieving results.
• Focuses on continuous improvement in team processes and practices.
• Advanced level of experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
• Advanced level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
• Advanced level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
• Advanced level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
• Advanced level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
• Solid understanding of SAN configuration, operations, and usage.
• Experience with SQL, Informix or Oracle databases
• Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
• Master or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 5 years of work experience required.
• 5+ year work experience in a production environment, beyond degree requirements. Other Requirements
• Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
• Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
• When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.