JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Head of Networks
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
Job Title: Head of Networks
Reporting To: Director of Operations, Advanced ITO
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
The Head of Networks will be responsible for delivering Network Services across our company and for our customers. You will lead a team of circa 25 people in supporting our customer base and 2,200+ of our staff across numerous sites in the UK and India on a 7x24-x365 basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this key strategic and operational role, your remit will cover all aspects of our Network services infrastructure, with a particular focus on:
- Manage and develop the Network team, including Voice, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Public & Private Cloud Network managed service offerings, including Customers’ dedicated network estates
- Network Management – identify and implement best practises to improve availability, control changes, and implement repeatable processes. Monitor and manage network components to deliver proactive support to all internal and external clients; enable more effective reactive support; to provide capacity & performance reporting; and to generally enhance Advanced’s network management capabilities and services
- Ensuring that the team delivers outstanding service and meet the agreed SLA’s with all customers
- Staff Training – you will define and promote staff training to improve overall knowledge of Network technologies.
- Compliance – you will ensure delivery to relevant standards (e.g. ISO 27001, 9001) and provision of systems to control, adequately measure and handle the risks the business faces.
- Supplier Management - Regular review of suppliers to review technologies while delivering value for money. Benchmark service provided against other similar suppliers.
- Budget Control –You will craft, run and deliver to the network budget. Review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though contract consolidation.
- Business continuity – develop documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver Business continuity in the event of an accident, disaster, emergency, or threat.
- Information Security – You will protect the availability, privacy, and integrity of our data.
- Network – Review Network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. Measure performance utilisation to optimise access and availability of systems. Provide a network firmware & network security patching service
- Telephony – regularly review and control costs associated with telephony solutions.
- Ensure the stability of various platforms and technologies, through Capacity & Availability management
- Recognize and document areas for improvements. Define, develop and deliver plans for implementation.
- Ensure predictable technology availability and the availability of the platforms exceed contractual obligations
- Ensure the teams manage their respective ITSM queues and actively provide support and mentorship for the Technicians
- Create and manage the technology lifecycle of platforms & environments under management
You'll be a strong leader excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of network technologies.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable previous experience of implementing and supporting large-scale Networks in an MSP environment.
- Strong technical network expertise along with leadership and communication skills, to improve the delivery of Network service. Communicating effectively to all stakeholders at all times.
- A practical understanding of gathering business requirements & scoping relevant solutions.
- The ability to scope, define & provide solutions across a broad scope of diverse technologies. Display effective skills to communicate with the leadership community, third-party Suppliers and internal / external technical teams.
- Strong consultancy skills and the capacity to be an excellent motivator in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Use resources to best advantage, by collaborative working with all Team Leaders and Professional Services Resource Management
- Setting the behavioural & performance standards. Energizing the team
- Deal positively with change & uncertainty
- To work on projects and initiatives as directed by the Director of Operations to support changes or opportunities in the division and wider business.
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies