JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Principal Database Engineer
Greenway Health | Software Development | Tampa, FL
Supervises Data Engineers, maintains, develops and adheres to policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s data. Implements a state of the art enterprise data architecture to meet overall needs of business, across analytic systems and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise Database Engineers
- Mentor Database Developers
- Perform code reviews
- Assist with project design/development
- Work with member of the development team to come up with development estimates
- Work within an agile scrum team, contributing to an atmosphere of continuous improvement
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders throughout the organization
- Work with the technical architecture and design for a new Data platforms.
- Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges
- Build prototypes and Proofs-of-concept to validate ideas
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across platform in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or MIS or equivalent
- 5 ‐8 years of experience in database development.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Startup mentality, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redshift, Kimball Dimensional Datamarts, Data Lakes, Sharding, Unstructured and Semi-structured data, Customer-facing product development, SQL, NoSQL, Big Data, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server (2000/2005/2008/2012), SSMS and Visual Studio, Profiler and other performance tuning approaches, TSQL, JSON, XML, MongoDB, Entity Data Model/LINQ, Progress 4GL, Spotfire, Kafka, Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile/Scrum/Kanban/DevOps
- Proven problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast‐paced team environment
- Capable of designing and maintaining complex schemas
- Capable of mentoring other Database Developers and Engineers
- Capable of leading code reviews
- Capable of managing resources across multiple project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required