JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Director, Research Sales - Presidents Program
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
For more information, visit www.eab.com
The Role in Brief:
Director, Research Sales (Presidents Program)
Our staff represents EAB in executive boardrooms at colleges and universities. We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts—people who are comfortable listening to Presidents, Deans, or Provosts—and then mapping their problems to our solutions.
As our ambassadors and connectors, marketers are pivotal to the growth of our firm. They help launch new programs and lines of business while generating revenue and expanding our impact on an industry that matters to everyone.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and execute strategic plan for selling services within an assigned prospect pool
- Build relationships by meeting with senior executives at colleges and universities to discuss their business issues, present best practice solutions, and convey the value proposition of EAB’s services
- Conduct consultative one-on-one onsite presentations to educate prospective members on our services
- Provide insights from marketing visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Successfully negotiate and acquire new clients, and expand memberships for existing clients
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Manage team member to goals and provide formal feedback and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ post-undergraduate experience in at least two of the following:
- Presentation experience encompassing client presentations and facilitating discussions
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Teaching experience and/or experience breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Client Management experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 70%
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior commercial experience in a comparably complex organization offering subscription-based research programs to businesses or institutions
- Desire to succeed in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future proposition of a product
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quotas and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to manage a Sales Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative-based sales experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here