JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Senior Software Engineer
NAVEX Global | Product Engineering | Portland, OR
Director, Product Engineering
Full Time, Exempt
At NAVEX Global you will join our software development team that shares a passion for writing great code, embracing new technologies and delivering powerful products that help our customers protect their reputation and bottom line. As a senior software engineer you will have ample opportunity to invest in innovative product development and tool research, technically lead and mentor fellow developers and tag your name to amazingly cool products, all while balancing your life priorities.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Collaborate with scrum team members to design and develop cool new features and enhancements that will delight our customers.
- Promote opportunities for refactoring by examining patterns of system usage and identifying areas of optimization.
- Research and leverage commercial products, libraries and tools that can be used to meet business and technical requirements.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior developers.
- Participate in elaboration and design sessions to understand requirements and translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Take advantage of extensive use of automation (continuous integration, automated deployments, automated unit and functional testing).
- Present team accomplishments during sprint reviews.
- Provide constructive and honest feedback during sprint retrospectives so we can continuously improve.
- Choose from a wide variety of fruit and snacks stocked in our kitchen.
- Mingle with colleagues from other departments during our monthly breakfast or lunches.
This Job Might Be For You If You:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have spent 5+ years working as a front-end developer, desirably in a web based or mobile application.
- Have an outstanding grasp of front-end development techniques and end user expectations.
- Are a motivated individual with the ability to learn and come up to speed on new technologies quickly.
- Excel at solving problems.
- Are an expert in the following technologies:
- UX design, mockup & prototyping with tools such as Balsamiq, Axure RP or Adobe tools
- Have hands-on experience with the following:
- Webpack, GitHub
- Deploying mobile applications to the App Store and Play Store
- Deploying web applications
- Integrating and utilizing 3rd party libraries and tools
- Agile software development practices, unit testing and continuous integration
Nice to Have:
- Experience with at least one cross-platform mobile framework such as React Native, Ionic, Xamarin or NativeScript.
- NodeJS and Express
- MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Serverless Framework
- Experience with AWS Lambda and other Amazon web services
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.