JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Omnitracs | 1305 - OT US - Accounting | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Assistant Controller is a key contributor to ensuring financial reporting is, and will continue to be, accurate and timely in an evolving accounting environment. The candidate will apply their knowledge and experience with US GAAP to ensure revenue is reported correctly under the current guidance and build processes to ensure that it will continue to be compliant under ASC 606. In order to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, the Assistant Controller will oversee the general ledger and utilize the core accounting team to prepare financial information. The Assistant Controller will be very involved in the annual audit, preparing or reviewing various memos, as well as overseeing the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage 3 to 5 staff directly and an additional 5+ staff indirectly
- Ensure revenue is recorded in accordance with ASC 605 and 985-605, including multiple element arrangements, software revenue recognition, and determination of VSOE and BESP for revenue elements
- Serve as project lead in the implementation of the new ASC 606 revenue standards
- Manage the month-end close process from end to end
- Review financial statement translation of foreign subsidiaries
- Review global consolidation of domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including intercompany sales of inventory, loans, offshore R&D and cost-plus arrangements
- Research complex accounting transactions and create memos to be used by other accounting personnel and external auditors
- Prepare and review annual GAAP financial statements and footnotes
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CERTIFICATION: CPA
- EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of progressive accounting experience with 3 or more years at a mid-tier or Big 4 public accounting firm; experience with various principles of revenue recognition; exposure to complex accounting issues
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Strong technical knowledge with ability to identify key accounting issues and apply correct treatment under US GAAP
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition, including multiple element arrangements and software elements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong mentoring skills with ability to train, develop, and supervise staff with varying levels of experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional project management and time management skills
- Ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to adapt easily to fluctuating priorities
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.