JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
EAB | G&A | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Role in Brief
Description of role.
The Finance team works with senior executives at the firm to develop budgets, projections, evaluate new investment opportunities, and analyze and report on financial performance for both internal and external stakeholders, including the firm’s private equity owner. The Finance team is seeking a Senior Analyst to add to the team. The Senior Analyst will participate as a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team to fulfill these various functions. The Senior Analyst will also assume responsibility for helping manage and mentor the team of junior analysts on the team and report directly to the head of the team, the Managing Director. This role will also include direct interaction with the most senior members of the company’s management team such as the CFO and the leaders of the business units, the sales unit, and the corporate functions.
This role will be based in Washington, D.C.
The Senior Analyst will play an ongoing role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance department, including:
- Supporting the annual budgeting process by modeling and analyzing proposed financial goals across the firm and at the department level
- Supporting the development and maintenance of an infrastructure that facilitates rapid reporting and analysis of key metrics driving financial and operational performance
- Creating and maintaining department dashboards analyzing performance against key business metrics, including cost, revenue and margin targets
- Managing key components of the firm’s budget to ensure adherence to cost targets, including:
- Working with recruiting leads to monitor open positions and available budget for new hires
- Managing all other non-personnel budgets
- Working with the accounting team to develop soft close/quarter end financial projections
- Analyzing specific financial and operational issues during the year, including ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, business, or other related field
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- VBA, SQL, Python or other coding proficiency highly preferred
- Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with databases
- Resourcefulness--ability to procure detailed data and information
- Proven service orientation with attention to detail and follow-up
- Significant academic or professional experience using quantitative analytical tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from business data
- Proven project management and planning skills
- Proven finance, strategy, and operational skills
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools, techniques, and skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.