JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Chief Financial Officer
Zapproved | G&A | Portland, OR
Zapproved, is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer for our growing Software-as-a- Service company. The CFO will lead the finance, accounting and business operations teams, providing strategic leadership in all aspects of financial and business management and legal. He/She will be responsible for all financial functions; strategic planning and analysis; cash flow management; financial control; treasury; audit; taxes and information systems and legal. This is an exciting time to join Zapproved as we build out our platform and continue dominating our position as the leader in e-Discovery for corporate teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategic partner and financial advisor to the Chief Executive Officer, the Board, and Zapproved’s Executive team; providing insight, driving key strategies and decisions that maximize company value.
- Highly effective at making decisions at both the company and department level, balancing data, insights and experience. Operates as a collaborative partner with the executive team in planning, refining, and implementing corporate growth strategies and policies. Highly visible internally and externally, inspiring employees and the market.
- Lead the financial and reporting aspects and be capable of supporting the information imperatives of a high growth SaaS business. Accountable for measurement-based financial management throughout the business to ensure accurate planning, forecasting and reporting in support of our business strategy and growth goals.
- Balances being a builder and a leader as we continue to build out the infrastructure, systems and process as we scale the business. Drives continuous improvement in areas such as expense management, financial analysis and reporting, system infrastructure and standardized business processes with an eye toward streamlining and improving business performance. Partners closely with all functions to manage cost and improve performance company-wide.
- Provide timely, accurate and useful information, performance metrics, and reporting.
- Assess acquisition opportunities, review business plans, conduct and manage audit and support M&A activity, as necessary.
- Exceptional people leader who builds and inspires high performing teams. Navigates seamlessly between operating as an executive, front line manager and coach as we build our team.
- Able to balance strategic capability with tactical execution to achieve our strategic and financial goals. Strong hands-on coach with the finesse of setting clear expectations, holding people accountable, leading them through change and staying focused on outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting is required; Master’s degree strongly preferred. CPA is a plus.
- 15+ years of increasing fiscal responsibility.
- Proven track record of success as the lead financial executive in a growth-oriented, complex software and service organization. Experience in a metrics-driven culture, driving results through well executed strategies.
- Software experience is required. Deep understanding of SaaS a plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience scaling a from the mid to late stage of growth. Ability to navigate successfully within a small, entrepreneurial culture is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with members of the Board on corporate strategy and policy decisions.
- The ability to interpret strategic and operational business requirements, to provide appropriate expert advice and financial planning counsel and effectively influence and communicate.
- A strongly demonstrated successful leadership and management capability. Exceptional people leadership, with a proven track record of leading high performing teams and exceptional organizational leadership.
Working for Zapproved:
Founded in 2008, Zapproved LLC is the leading ediscovery software provider for managing corporate litigation readiness. Our Z-Discovery Suite returns power to in-house legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, setting new standards for scalability and intuitive design. Zapproved’s flagship product, Legal Hold Pro, is widely adopted by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 corporations. Zapproved has earned recognition with numerous awards, including:
- Best E-Discovery Legal Hold Product at the 2015 and 2016 Legaltech News Innovation Awards
- The 2016 and 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM lists ranked Zapproved as one of the fastest growing companies in North America
- The National Law Journal Best of 2018 survey lists Legal Hold Pro as one of the top Legal Hold Solutions
- 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2018
Zapproved is also SOC 2® Type 2 certified, the industry’s highest rating for data security. With 99% customer retention, we continue to cultivate ridiculously happy customer experiences year after year. We take pride in fostering an inclusive, innovative culture where diversity and bright ideas are welcome. Learn more at zapproved.com.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please provide your resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a link to a portfolio of your work. We are looking for the things that drive and excite you and the mark that you want to leave on the world, so consider that in your cover letter. We think this is more important than your resume, and we will read your letter first.