JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Sales Development Representative
Applause | Business Development | Framingham, MA
The Sales Development Representative is a new role responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for the sales teams to pursue. You drive demand for Applause’s solutions in a variety of ways, including further qualifying leads that have been generated by marketing and scored using a marketing automation platform; managing and qualifying inbound lead activity; engaging in cold calling; and appointment setting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Qualify prospects against established criteria prior to passing them to sales as marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
- Generate new leads for the sales organization to pursue through New Business Development.
- Receive pre-determined groups of prospects back from sales for further nurturing using both the telephone and email.
- Process inbound leads from all sources: telephone, event and Web.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts to the marketing and sales organizations on the volume of leads expected to achieve MQL status.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification and nurture activities in the company's sales force automation platform.
HOW YOU WILL BE MEASURED:
- Qualified leads passed and accepted.
- Number of appointments set/percentage deemed worthwhile by sales.
- Opportunity pipeline value generated from leads passed.
- Revenue value achieved from leads passed.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of prospecting experience; more depending on the complexity of the product/solution being sold, as well as the level of prospect called
- Strong cold calling experience
- Comfortable speaking with C-Level individuals
- B-to-B experience selling a similar type of offering into a similar type of market
- Familiarity with marketing automation and SFA systems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities
- Ability to articulate a reasonable premise for every call
- Ability to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls; uses social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and identify trigger events for follow up.
- Ability to interpret data from marketing automation platform to personalize outbound communications.
- Discipline to maintain high call volumes (minimum 40 outbound calls per day).
- Natural curiosity to interface with others and ask questions; not easily intimidated by lack of knowledge or the seniority of the prospect.
- Exhibits empathy for other's problems and challenges
- Competitive and motivated; self-starter who takes initiative to achieve goals
- Team player who is coachable and has an eagerness to learn
- Desire to continue to learn, be it to further his/her career in inside sales or perhaps to move into a field position.
Applause empowers leading brands to deliver flawless digital experiences for their customers on any device, in every location. The company’s testing, feedback and research solutions enable businesses to delight customers, drive topline revenue and innovate faster.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can – via its technology platform and managed global community of over 300,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size – including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal and Slack – rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.