JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Public Strategies Intern
Vista Equity Partners | Vista Public Strategies | San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- 10 Weeks
- Early June through Mid-August
About Vista Equity Partners:
Vista was founded with a unique mission – create value with companies in the technology market. Vista eschewed traditional investment strategies of spreading risk across sectors and instead focuses exclusively on software, data, and technology businesses. Today, there are over 220 million users of our technology and, in aggregate, Vista is one of the top 10 largest software businesses in the world. Vista’s investment and operating professionals manage a series of private equity, credit, and public market investments. In each case, these investments leverage the firm’s knowledge, experience, and intellectual capital in the technology sector.
Vista’s Public Strategies Internship is a highly selective program that offers a unique entry point into tech investing and the public markets with a dynamic and successful firm. The summer internship commitment requires 20 hours per week for 10 weeks and is designed for individuals who are interested in expanding their knowledge of software and the public markets. Public Strategies Interns will focus on the public market investing efforts at Vista. Interns will learn about Vista’s unique and disciplined investment philosophy and the best practices used to research opportunities.
Responsibilities will primarily revolve around the following areas:
- Participating in thematic research projects to identify investment opportunities
- Leveraging Vista’s proprietary ecosystem to develop new investment theses
- Monitoring industry data to identify inflections in fundamentals
- Conducting financial analysis and forecasting performance
- Handling one-off research requests from the investment team
- Supporting interdepartmental projects
The opportunity for additional responsibilities will be based on Vista’s needs and the Public Strategies Intern’s personal strengths and performance. Successful candidates may have the opportunity to interview for additional internships or to transition into a full-time position, if available. Vista’s success and growth, emphasis on training, and history of hiring from within make the Public Strategies Internship a truly unique opportunity for ambitious college students.
- Rising Sophomores and Juniors at top undergraduate institutions
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in school and / or in professional pursuits
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
- Ability to multi-task, working on conflicting priorities simultaneously, while always meeting deadlines and high standards of work quality
Vista Public Strategies Interns are offered an attractive hourly salary