JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Security Operations Analyst (Tier 1)
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Slough, England
The purpose of this role is monitor and investigate the SIEM security events, respond, triage and contain customer security incidents. The analyst will be responsible for the incident handling life cycle from initial response, analysis, triage, and coordination of remediation activity to closure, which includes any necessary reporting and advice to appropriate customer teams. The analyst will work on a 24 x 7 SOC shift rota (days and nights) and operate within all applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- 24 x 7 protective security monitoring
- Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) support
- Incident response, triage, and containment
- Endpoint security management
- Security tools support
- Change management
Desired Core Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- CompTIA Security + Certified or Equivalent
- CompTIA Network + Certified or Equivalent
- SolarWinds Log and Event Manager experience
- Anti-virus / anti-malware systems (McAfee EPO, Ivanti, Symantec) experience
- Forcepoint web filtering, DLP, email security experience
- Experience of Microsoft technologies – Windows Server and Workstation OS (Server 2012/16, Windows 10 etc), Active Directory, Office 365
- Knowledge of OSI reference model and networking fundamentals
- Cisco Firewall & Firepower (or SourceFire) IPS
- Knowledge of ITIL (foundation level)
- Linux/Unix Skills
- Experience working within complex global hybrid environments.
- Hands on experience with SolarWinds or similar SIEM technologies
- Proven experience in security incident handling, response and remediation
- Possess functional knowledge and administrative experience on Windows and Unix/Linux Platforms
- Understanding of ITIL - incident management, change management, and problem management processes.
- Wider Cyber Security exposure, technical and non-technical
- Understanding of malware / anti-malware techniques, exploits, attack vectors and defensive / preventative measures
- Knowledge of how firewalls, web and email gateways and IDS/IPS operate
- Ability to understand and correlate information and events across multiple log types and sources
- Experience analysing computer and network threats, anomalies or APT activity
- Experience analysing and containing phishing email attacks
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies, packet analysis, routers etc
- Previous security operations centre (SOC) experience is desired, but candidates from other IT backgrounds, with a passion for cyber security will also be considered