JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Strategic Leader, Enrollment Services
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Strategic Leader, Enrollment Services
The Strategic Leader works in partnership with clients and with internal teams to shape client direct marketing strategies for student recruitment initiatives and is the decision maker for the project team. The Strategic Leader has the primary responsibility for delivering strategies and programs that achieve client goals, up-sell, cross-sell targets appropriate to the client given client’s goals/resources/timeline, and client renewals. As the central client contact, the position monitors and maintains the client relationship. The Strategic Leader, as the center of the team for the entire group of clients assigned to the team, is critical to ensuring the achievement of company objectives and the long-term growth and success of the company as a whole.
This role may be based in Richmond, VA.
- Develop an understanding of client goals and keep abreast of changes in the client’s situation.Communicate these goals and changes to the project team. Lead the team that translates institutional goals and brand identity into achievable direct response programs, working within Royall’s array of services.
- Lead and/or support testing and refinement of critical strategic and creative elements within the client’s program(s).
- Work with Vice President, Client Services Senior Management to define appropriate, cost-effective cross-sell and up-sell targets within client book.Lead clients to understanding of cross-sell and up-sell options and actively champion those likely to improve the client situation.
- Support corporate process improvements, including escalated project timelines, etc.
- Serve as a professional example in behavior and attitude to project teams, and support team members in professional growth.
- Collaborate with internal departments to seek new information and define new solutions that will improve client success.
- Seek opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning relative to team or client success.
- Lead discussions and develop innovative plans to overcome obstacles for project teams and clients.Work collaboratively with others within the Client Services division to identify and share new solutions that lead clients to positive outcomes.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with clients and project teams and involve project teams in client meetings.
- Initiate project start-up and problem-solving meetings to ensure team understanding and enthusiasm to successfully execute client programs.
- Oversee strategic direction on creative content.In partnership with client-facing team, review all creative materials from both a direct response and client-appropriate standpoint.
- Provide strategic direction for all lists and targeting, working with analysis and strategic planning groups.
- Conduct annual project reporting and planning for clients.
- Develop and discuss proposals and written presentations with clients.
- Document client and team feedback as it occurs and provide written positive feedback to team members as appropriate, working to consistently resolve team issues in a positive way.
- Mentor Associate Strategic Leaders assigned within team to help position them – if applicable – for the next career opportunity (ideally, moving to the SL role).
- Mentor Account Coordinators assigned within team to help position them – if applicable – for the next career opportunity (ideally, moving to the ASL role).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 7 years’ experience in consultative, strategic, leadership position managing accounts and relationships with key decision makers
- Experience leading high-performing teams, coaching and mentoring
- Experience aligning strategic insights and solutions to client goals
- Ability to well-convey/present to clients and colleagues Royall & Company’s commitment to forward-leaning, innovative strategies that successfully achieve their desired outcomes
- Proven relationship-building, collaboration/teamwork orientation and ability to influence for win-win outcomes
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Valid driver's license
- Graduate degree
- Royall & Company institutional knowledge and experience
- Direct response marketing and higher education experience
- Ability to approach situations in an entrepreneurial way and find opportunity for improvement/change
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and to plan, organize, set and achieve priorities
- Passion for both client success and tackling new and emerging opportunities
- Proficient with PC, Internet and Microsoft Office products
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here