Senior NOC Analyst
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Slough, England
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Team & Role Description
The NOC Senior Analyst will support the Duty Manager, who is responsible for providing 24x7 infrastructure, monitoring and Service Desk cover. Following a rotating 12-hour shift pattern working both days and nights.
Managing production server and test server environments, reviewing and analysing alerts, working with internal resolver groups investigating incidents and outages. Also responsible for managing the A365 out of hour incident management process (service request, incident and problem) in line with customer contractual requirements.
- Manage major incidents and analysts in the absence of the Duty Manager.
- Responsible for managing all P2 incidents whilst on duty. Act as point of contact for phone in escalations.
- Logging of incidents, service requests, change and problem tickets in Remedy in response to monitoring alerts.
- Assist Duty Manager in creating MIR reports to be passed to SDM’s.
- Pro-actively manage daily checks ensuring availability of key systems and logging major and critical alerts.
- Review tagged and active alerts ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Mentor and coach other team members.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily tasks are completed by the team e.g. PRS conference calls, LCY & NHHT morning checks. The NOC handover document is complete and accurate.
- Duty Managers’ handover to be completed when performing the role of the Duty Manager.
- Well organised, proactive team member who is calm under pressure and can communicate well at all levels (written and verbal).
- Conscientious individual with good attention to detail, willing to go the extra mile focused on delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally and work to demanding deadlines and targets.
- Experience in 1st and 2nd line support
- Co-ordinate any shortfalls in shift cover.
- An individual who enjoys working in a challenging environment in which they can develop both personally and professionally in line with corporate objectives.
Join the A Team
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech companies