JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Greenway Health | Accounting/Finance | Tampa, FL
Primary responsibility of the Tax Manager is to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local Income tax regulations as well as Sales & Use, and Property tax regulations. The candidate will assist external tax preparers with federal/state income tax returns while also work to bring tax compliance responsibilities in-house where possible. Tax planning guidance will be an essential function of the position as well.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation of the U.S. income tax provision including financial statement reporting in accordance with both IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
• Prepare quarterly income tax apportionment and estimates
• Coordinate with external tax preparers to provide data needed for income tax return preparation
• Review federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns
• Ensure consistent adherence to state and local sales/use tax laws, including timely filings
• Manage any potential sales/use tax audits
• Coordinate with applicable tax jurisdictions to resolve questions
• Ensure adherence to transfer pricing policies and methods
• Ongoing development and administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function.
• Keep up to date on changes in tax law, administrative and judicial decisions, and other relevant items through technical reading. Perform tax research, as necessary
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Select, develop, evaluate and motivate subordinates to provide the department with a source of qualified talent.
• Work with Controller on various initiatives
• Complete ad‐hoc requests
• BS or BA in Accounting
• CPA Certification required
• 5-7 years of corporate tax experience including at least 3 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm
• 2 years in a supervisory role, preferred
• Solid tax technical background with a thorough knowledge of Corporate Tax including experience with technical research and preparation of tax memorandums
• Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex tax issues
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals.
• Detail oriented with high level of ethics and integrity
• Experience with accounting systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a Plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and have knowledge depth in complex functions/data analysis using tools such as V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
• Ability to cultivate a positive team atmosphere to drive success
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
• This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board the majority of their work day
• This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as, in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices
• The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
• The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day