JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Corporate Meetings & Events Planner
Cvent | Client Services | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
We’re looking for a Corporate Meetings & Events Planner on the Client Services Team to provide dedicated support and consultation to one of our Enterprise customers leveraging Cvent’s Lanyon Meetings software. You will join our dynamic, close-knit Client Services department and gain best-in-class customer service experience. This is a great opportunity to build a career at a company that’s transforming its industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing meetings, conferences, tradeshows and client functions as assigned by the Operations Manager. This position offers an opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people, managing multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate should be extremely motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fun work environment. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about having an important impact on a successful, growing company known for its customer service. Our Client Services team is made up of people from various educational backgrounds including, but not limited to: business, psychology, communications and computer information systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Management of 50 - 100 meetings per year with a varied attendance.
- Deliver first class customer service in line with clients’ objectives.
- Prepare and/or create program specifications (menus, setups, audio visual) to event locations.
- Negotiate and contract vendors (e.g. ground transportation, entertainment, off-site activities and décor elements via direct vendors and/or preferred destination management companies), as well as closely managing budget to achieve client’s annual savings targets.
- Manage and/or facilitate program payment schedules, budgets, vendors, timeline creation and adherence, payment reconciliation to corporate credit card, check requests and chargebacks to client’s cost centers.
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related participant and host communication materials.
- Responsible for attendee management, program data management/registration process, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate.
- Prepare communication to onsite Meeting Host, logistic plans, final reports, program specifications and service agreements as well as all other pertinent program related planning materials.
- Travel onsite as directed by manager and required by the Client, and serve as lead representative for suppliers and client, as needed.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
What You Need for this Position
- Certified Meetings Professional (CMP) certification strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning corporate meetings, incentives and/or special events
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in dedicated client management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.).
- Proficiency in using Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) software preferred but not required (e.g., StarCite/Lanyon Meetings; Cvent)
- Strong logistical planning skills
- Strong accounting skills with a track record of budget management and responsibility.
- Effective program management, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year depending on client needs.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace