Site Reliability Engineer
Trintech | Cloud | London, England
The Site Reliability Engineer is a technical, passionate about technology, and desires exposure across both software development (25-75%) and infrastructure engineering (25-75%) domains. The role supports 24x7 delivery of Hosted and SaaS applications to global Fortune 500 clients at cloud scale. It requires 1-3 years of experience supporting production applications and familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
The successful candidate will be able to effectively troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues in a production environment. This requires interfacing with both internal and external customers and escalating complex problems to more senior team members when appropriate. This is a client-facing role that requires a customer service focus. Exposure to agile software development and/or ITIL service management methodologies is desired.
Trintech is the leading global provider of financial software solutions for the Record-to-Report process. Supporting 1,700 clients from 8 data centers worldwide, Trintech clients include many of the world’s largest firms (Walmart, Intel, Microsoft, Siemens, majority of Fortune 100).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize continuous integration\continuous deployment (CI\CD) toolsets and methodologies to complete deployments.
- Execute and leverage existing automation and tools. Recognize the potential impact of proposed changes to production. Test appropriately in a non-production environment.
- Support 24x7 production environments with cloud-scale Hosted and SaaS applications.
- Proactively expand knowledge across application portfolio and infrastructure domains.
- Leverage a solid understanding of troubleshooting methodologies and debugging tools relevant to system and application architecture.
- Occasionally develop new code and modify existing code as needed to automate operational tasks and/or resolve production issues. Contribute to documentation.
- Provide documentation that is clear, accurate, and complete to assist team members.
- Support the team as an expert in multiple domains. Sought out by other team members for advice on how to resolve issues.
- Ensure production changes are documented, fully tested in non-production environments, and adhere to change control and audit requirements.
- Demonstrates insatiable passion for learning and technology. Is self-motivated and driven to succeed collaboratively, caring more about solution than credit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting production applications.
- 1-3 years of experience managing systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability and proclivity for scripting languages (e.g., BASH, PowerShell, Python). Willingness to learn programming languages (e.g., .NET, C#, Java).
- Hands-on system administration experience. Familiarity with at least one operating system family (e.g., Windows, RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu Linux, etc.).
- Network administration experience. Some exposure to routers, switches, and firewalls, (e.g., Cisco).
- Ability to execute changes using enterprise DevOps, automation, and/or CI/CD tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.).
- Exposure to enterprise web (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), database (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), and/or reporting (Intellicus, SQL Reporting Services, etc.) technologies.
- Experience using enterprise ticketing systems and tools (Salesforce, Remedy, JIRA, TFS).
- Any relevant technical certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+, Microsoft MCSA, etc.) is a plus.