Front-End Software Engineer
Automated Insights | Development | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) is the creator of Wordsmith, the natural language generation (NLG) software that turns structured data into narratives that are indistinguishable from human-written content. This automated content can be used for important communication with customers, external publishing, or internal monitoring and knowledge sharing—all at a scale that would be impossible with manual efforts alone. In 2016, our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into 1.5 billion written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating a best-in-career work experience for every employee. Our core values include “Enjoy the Journey”, “Choose to be Positive” and “No Jerks”. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage, and we've been recognized for ours. Automated Insights has been named a Best Place to Work in the Triangle five out of the last six years, and we're proud to have created an environment that empowers our team to do their best work.
Automated Insights needs an experienced Front-End Software Engineer to work on our flagship natural language generation products. You’ll work within a cross-functional team within our wider product organization to architect and deliver new capabilities to our clients. You’ll get to have a huge impact on new features, owning large portions of the codebase, driving architectural and design decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build new features.
- Deliver well tested, robust features, and be responsible for their maintenance and evolution.
- Work across multiple codebases in our microservices based architecture.
- Write high quality code that is well tested, participate in code reviews, standups, demos, and the occasional hackathon.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are self-driven, and skilled at seeking out the best solutions to assigned tasks.
- Are excited and passionate about their work.
- Are able to clearly articulate choices they’ve made, and communicate effectively with other members of the organization.
- Have a solid grasp of web performance, and best practices.
- Are able to build highly performant cross browser solutions from the ground up.