Desktop Support Engineer (Entry-Level)
Mediaocean | Information Technology | Sydney, New South Wales
What You Will Do:
Mediaocean seeks a Desktop Support Engineer that will be responsible for administration and maintenance of all Internal IT Systems to join our team in Sydney! These systems include, but are not limited to, telecommunication systems (3CX VOIP), email systems (MS Exchange Server), Instant Messaging systems (MS Skype Server), network login systems (MS Active Directory), web servers, database servers, antivirus servers, web filtering servers, etc.
This person will work alongside other team members, and will help identify areas of the overall IT Infrastructure that can be revised, improved, enhanced, and possibly upgraded. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who can mentor and work well with others!
Responsibilities will include:
- Primary administration and support of MS Exchange environment, running multiple CAS/Hub Transport/Mailbox Database servers
- Administration and support of MS Skype Instant Messaging infrastructure
- Administration and support of Windows 2016, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2 servers running on physical servers and virtual infrastructure
- Administration and support of multiple large scale Active Directory domains, User and Group management, auditing and security
- Administration and support of McAfee ePO Antivirus Console to manage 1000+ endpoints
- Administration and support of Windows File Servers, with a focus on folder security and auditing. Windows Print Servers as well as DFS replication for File shares
- Administration of DHCP / DNS / SMTP / NTP servers
- Provide support and troubleshooting for issues related to MS Outlook Email / Calendars, MS Office, Lync, Software support, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Support desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management.
- Provide remote assistance to users using Remote Desktop software as well as LogMeIn.
- Perform advanced diagnostics, analysis, repairs, or replacement hardware for PC's, laptops, and printers.
- Administration and support of Web Filtering solution using Websense (aka Forcepoint).
- TAFE or Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field.
- 0-1 years experience.
- Some experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting all communications systems – MS Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, Lync Server 2013, Skype for Business 2015.
- Experience working with Hyper-V servers and virtual machines / virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Experience troubleshooting and administering multiple Active Directory domains.
- Experience and broad knowledge of routing protocols, switch protocols, TCP/IP, Ethernet, ACL’s, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, iSCSI, RFC’s, and other network protocols, etc.
- Experience implementing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Servers and services, Active Directory, DFS shares, AD group policies, user and group management, File permissions and ACL management, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop and laptop hardware running Windows. (Linux experience a plus but not required).
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience creating Powershell, VBS or other related scripts.
- Experience supporting 3CX software based VOIP IP communications infrastructure.