KIBO | Product Development | Dallas, TX
A DevOps Engineer who loves challenges, has a thirst for knowledge and is excited to learn! You will be responsible for the technical infrastructure and deployment of various enterprise level multi-tenant SaaS solutions. The primary focus of this position is to ensure our applications stay running while thinking of new ways to improve processes.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Designing and architecting systems in a multi-tenant SaaS hosting environment.
- Maintaining mission critical day-to-day operations of the production processing platform and internal company resources including but not limited to:
o Design/Build Linux servers, and automate the environment utilizing the latest scripting languages and tools
o Design/Build continuous build and integration environments
o Scripting knowledge in Python, Ansible, Bash
o Implement Access control and permissions
o Configuration and automation with Jenkins and/or Chef, or any other opensource tools
o Apache, Tomcat, Nginx
o Manage Rabbitmq and Solr clusters
o Build systems in Amazon Web Services (ec2, VPCs, WAF, RDS, etc..)
o Manage Redhat and/or VMware virtualization platforms
o MySQL and MySQL Cluster servers
o Build DNS servers
o Backup and Monitoring Servers
- Work closely with development teams to troubleshoot issues and develop solutions
- Document the various environments in the eCommerce platform
- Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles
- System, Application and performance monitoring
- Occasional after-hours maintenance
- EDUCATION: 4-year degree in Information Technology or similar field.
- EXPERIENCE: Experience in IT field but not limited to network design, server management and security, and an advance understanding of Linux deployment and support. Experience dealing with high uptime environments, with change management processes.
- An understanding of Linux, Java apps, and clustered file systems.
- Knowledge with hardening the Linux OS and closing security vulnerabilities associated with Internet facing servers.
- Configuration management, deployment, and automation with Jenkins and/or Chef.
- Candidate should have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge in network/security support, TCP/IP networking hardware, protocols, and LAN configuration, knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and security architectures.
- Knowledge of Firewall, VPN, ACL, IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention) and DOS (Denial of Service).
- Experience with implementation, configuration and management of networks.